Borders girl living life in the capital

Dream 2014 Festival Line-Up

I did a post like this at the exact same time last year and I love sharing what I've been listening to lately so I thought I'd dream up another imaginary festival line-up! Last year I wrote that I would hopefully make it to another music festival within the next few years, but unfortunately a year has passed now and I have no plans of festival-ing yet...maybe next summer will be the year! My Timehop app reminded me recently that it was four years ago that one of my best friends and I went to The Isle of Wight Festival and it was this exact week five years ago (five years?!? where does time go??) that I went to Glastonbury...two of the best experiences of my life. This I know because I have memories from both these events that I'll never forget. One, being lifted onto some random guy's shoulders during Florence and The Machine 'Dog days are over', hearing that song will forever remind of that night on the Isle of Wight. Another, watching Bruce Springsteen's headline set at Glastonbury, I was never really a fan before but it was AMAZING!! That's just two stand out memories, there are loads more, and hopefully I'll get to make some more festival memories soon!

To substitute actually going to a festival this summer I've created my dream 2014 festival line-up. This line-up is EXTREMELY hypothetical; never in a million years would you find traditional folk band Breabach playing at the same gig as Shakira! I tried to split my very varied taste in music across the three days of my imaginary festival. Friday would be the mainstream pop kind of day. I've always imagined that a Shakira concert would be amazing and I don't ever really listen to David Guetta or Avicii but I can imagine in a festival atmosphere they would be pretty spectacular. Saturday is a bit of a mixture of some of my current favourites including Chvrches, who I'm desperate to see live (please do tell me/tweet me if you hear that they are gigging in the UK!), and Adam Holmes and The Embers (the band my dad plays in) whom I'll never tire of watching live. Sunday would then be a relaxed folky kind of day with Passenger headlining, another one I'd really love to see live soon, as well as some other folky/singer-songwriter favourites.

Are any of you going to any festivals this summer?



Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Twitter
Like 'Country Girl-City Life' on Facebook

No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig