Borders girl living life in the capital

Cold and Cosy

As I went to write this post I remembered that I actually wrote a post exactly like this at this time last year! Obviously the exact same thing happened last year; we seem to have gone from the height of Summer to what basically feels like Winter in the space of a few weeks. The shops getting all their cosy winter knitwear and heavy woollen coats in stock didn't really seem very gradual at all, maybe I missed the in between phase, but to me it looked like shops just swapped their bikinis and kaftans for jumpers and scarfs. I'm not complaining about that at all, I do love a cosy jumper and scarf combo and always prefer the layers of winter fashion to anything the shops have to offer in the Summer. However I will let out a little disappointed sigh at how quickly Summer ended. I came out of work the other day at 8ish and it was practically dark!?!? X Factor has started...I mean lets all just resign ourselves to the sofa every weekend from now on and admit that it's essentially the countdown to Christmas. 


I do love that cosy, and at the same time cold, feeling that seems to have appeared in the air. I've watched a lot more TV in the past few weeks than I have done in months, I was lured into buying a huge tub of hot chocolate powder at the weekend (only to find I had loads already!), I couldn't deny myself the purchase of a jumper and a scarf (blog post in the process) and I may have already used my hot water bottle a few times!! Maybe talking about Christmas is jumping the gun a little bit but I do think we can safely say that autumn is officially here!!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig