Borders girl living life in the capital

Recently Played

I am a huge fan of music, I couldn't get through a day without listening to it in some form. I usually have music on when I am getting ready for work in the morning, listen to my iPod on the walk to work, on the way home from work, when I get home from work and most days I listen to music in my bed before I go to sleep. I love music posts on blogs that I follow or when a blogger features a song in a blog post, especially if it is a singer or band I haven't heard of before. It's such a satisfying feeling when you stumble upon a song that you have never heard before and you get so hooked to it that you have to listen to it over and over. 

So I thought I would show you what songs I have been hooked on lately:

I had heard of Twin Atlantic but had never really listened to them before until I caught a couple of minutes of the TV coverage of them playing T in the park and I liked what I heard. It was this song that I saw them play and ever since then I literally have not stopped listening to it. I've had a listen to some of their other stuff on Spotify too, but this song still sticks out as my favourite. Got to love the Scottish accent!




I have been a Kate Bush fan for a pretty long time and I really love this 2012 remix that was used in the Olympic closing ceremony. I'm not usually one for remixes as I would probably always prefer the original. With this song however, I think this remix and the original are equally as good, and I was surprised how many Kate Bush fans on YouTube were saying they actually think this version is better. 




Again, I have always been a huge fan of Amy MacDonald since her first single 'Mr Rock and Roll' quite a few years back. So when I noticed that she had a new album out I had to have a listen and it didn't fail to impress me. This track was the one that seemed to grab my attention the most, it's just a feel good song.




It was fairly recently that I discovered this song but it has become one of those ones that I have on constant repeat. It was my friend who works in Hollister that introduced me to it as it's played on the playlist in Hollister and apparently judging by all the 'Hollister brought me here' comments on YouTube it has made an impact on a lot of other Hollister employees and customers too. 




I'm very excited that Pink is back and I love this song. I have been listening to her new album on Spotify today and discussing with my friend about buying tickets for her tour since they go on sale on Friday! I have seen her twice before and she is absolutely amazing live. From the first listen of the new album I can tell it's going to be a favourite.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig