Borders girl living life in the capital

Music I love that I hadn't heard of this time last year.

I have heard so much new music within the last year that I would probably consider to be some of my favourite music of all time now so I thought I would share it with you (even though I feel a little bit like I am telling you secrets that I really should keep to myself!)

The first is (Anna) Leddra Chapman. I first heard her debut single 'Story' last December when my mum downloaded it after hearing in on BBC Radio 2.
I straight away loved it and kind of played this song to death (which I tend to do with songs I like! A bit silly really!). On the pretence of this song I downloaded her whole album which at the time you couldn't seem to buy so I don't yet have a hard copy of this CD, but my downloaded version is certainly well played. I think that every song on Leddra Chapman's album is as good as the other. There are a couple of tracks that stick out to me but in general I love them all. This album is now probably one of my top 10 (maybe even top 5) albums of all time and this song 'Story' is definitely one of my all time favourite songs now! I am just waiting for her to come to Scotland so I can see her live!
 


The next one is Diane Birch. I first heard of her through itunes when her song 'Rewind' was the free single of the week. I don't think I have ever listened to the free single and then gone on to buy more by that person before I did with Diane Birch. After listening to 'Rewind' I spotify-ed her album and straight away fell in love with her voice. I would say that my favourite style of music is solo female vocalists (KT Tunstall, Alanis Morissette, Kirsty MacColl, Norah Jones, Eva Cassidy, Paloma Faith, Natalie Merchant, Karine Polwart - all favourites of mine) and so Diane Birch fitted right in. I went straight away, as in within minutes of hearing her, and downloaded her whole album. Another one that I love all the tracks and could listen to the album over and over and she is another one, like Leddra Chapman, that I would love love love to see live!

The video below is a performance of her song 'Valentino' (which is now my No. 1 played song on my iPod!) on Later with Jools Holland.




The last one (for today) is a band called Lady Antebellum who I found through spotify. Their album was being advertised on the homepage of spotify where is shows what's new! So again, I had a wee listen and then decided to download the full album. My sister had heard them on the radio and wanted the album as well so she paid half, which was a bit of an incentive to buy it! But it is very good. Another band that fit right into a wee slot in my music taste. They are a country band and I do love a bit of country music.
I also seem to like a lot of music that has a male and a female vocalist and the two lead vocalists' voices go so well together. I have a few tracks on the album that I would say are above the others however this one is the first one I heard and is probably my favourite.


*THIS VIDEO DOES NOT SEEM TO WANT TO COOPERATE WITH MY BLOG! I'LL TRY AND FIND ONE THAT WORKS ASAP! *

I hope you liked them! Now that I think about it actually have A LOT more music that I have heard over the past year that I'd love to share with you (Scott Matthews, The Dull Fudds) as well as bands that I had heard of but only really got into this year (mainly The Dave Matthews Band and Alanis Morissette!
Maybe I'll make another post for them.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig